Vote Now: 56 Days of WrestleMania – WrestleMania XXIV’s Best Matches

Another good time had by the majority of the Stunt Granny crew (a better time would have been had with Dusty, but it’s that way with everything in life). An outdoor WrestleMania, a great main event, and nearly being immolated by a fireworks display gone awry. All that and 80 extra pounds combined!

Vote Now: 56 Days of WrestleMania – WrestleMania 23’s Best Matches

It’s the first WrestleMania attended by the entire Stunt Granny crew (and our last one as members of PWTorch.com… go VIP!), and it was a good one. Not just because Mr. Kennedy said “BANK!” twice in his backstage promo, either. You tell us, though, what the best matches of the night were.

Stunt Granny Sports Show #6

Higher education.

Higher education.

After another schedule snafu the boys are back talking a lot of sports in that Stunt Granny style. Eric2 and Jeremy get in to the big story of the past week and yes that mean Florida Gulf Coast. Who the hell goes to this school? How does ay higher learning occur when your dorm is off of a pool and an ocean? Who are these players? By the time this posts they will be beaten by Florida anyway so who cares really.  What is up with Chicago sports teams and their gimmicky intermission and seventh inning stretch shenanigans?  How has Mr. T maintained his celebrity status for all of these years without ay real work being done in the last thirty? Is he the smartest celebrity hockey intermission player of all time? Would you drink a milkshake mixed with ice cream and beer? Why not? It is made with craft beer? No? Still not tempted? Well The Charleston RiverDogs are betting you will be enticed. Oh minor league sports. Why is Tim McClelland calling balls and strikes from behind the mound? Has this ever been done before? There is a whole lot more on this weeks extra big edition so get to downloading already. (Full admission, we lost the links so, um, yeah you will have to find it all on your own this week.)

Stunt Granny Sports Show #6

Vote Now: 56 Days of WrestleMania – WrestleMania 22’s Best Matches

Hey, it’s the first WrestleMania attended by Eric, and the first WrestleMania attended by more than one member of the Stunt Granny crew (Dusty & Eric). A hell of a weekend, capped off with a pretty damn good card. Which matches do you remember most fondly?

Reid Flair dead at 25

(L to R) Reid Flair, Ricky Steamboat Jr., George South, Dillon Eaton

Wow, this is never news you expect to see. According to PWInsider.com by way of Prowrestling.net, Reid Flair, son of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, is dead at the age of 25. No parent should ever have to bury his son, and to be frank, given Ric’s on-air statement “I will only retire when I am dead in this ring,” we’re doubly shocked about the news. Condolences to the family of Reid Flair. -Eric

The Walking Dead Survival List

Some of us aren't going to make it. Right T-Dog?

Some of us aren’t going to make it. Right T-Dog?

This Sunday brings us the season three finale of The Walking Dead. If you have been watching or just reading our coverage here then you know that business is about to close for the group. All season long has been the build to a final, probably, battle between the residents of the prison and the militia from Woodbury. Kevin and Jeremy give their predictions without knowing any of the spoilers so check it out and use it as a scorecard for Sunday as characters get bumped off. Well, I mean there should be people dying Sunday. Jeez, I sure hope so or we are going to look really silly.

The Prison

Rick

They have knocked off some big names on this show but he’s the main character even if the show is more of an ensemble cast. – 100% Survival Chance. -Kevin

Early in the season there were rumors that season three show runner Glen Mazzara had intended to kill off Rick and that is what led to his dismissal. It would have been a risky move since he seems to be one of a few untouchables in the series. There is 1% chance Rick gets the axe during or after the battle. He is the rallying point and the group’s core. Although it may make for interesting television the move would be too unpopular.  99% chance of survival. -Jeremy

Carl

This kid has been chomping at the bit to see more action. He’s finally going to get it. There’s a new kid on the block so he’s expendable. – 70% Survival Chance.-Kevin

Carl has slowly grown from season to season and there is just too much story left for him. His relationship with his father has yet to be explored fully. How does a boy come of age in a zombie apocalypse?
85% chance of survival.-Jeremy

Continue reading

Vote Now: 56 Days of WrestleMania – WrestleMania 21’s Best Matches

Here’s a mixed bag: WrestleMania 21, a card full of good matches on paper (sprinkled with some obvious stinkers) but that no one really remembers outside of the crownings of John Cena and Batista and the great match featuring Shawn Michaels. Please, gut-check yourself before you vote for Akebono vs. Big Show.

56 Days of WrestleMania – WrestleMania XX’s Best Matches: Results

After some serious YouTube and DailyMotion hunting, I think this is as close to the full matches as we’re going to get on both of these winners. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple just killed it, and Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle was heart-stopping. Here they are, in pieces, for your enjoyment.

Penguins Trade For Jarome Iginla; Blow Up NHL Trade Deadline Day

Jarome Iginla Signed Cup

I’m still trying to process the news I read when I rolled out of bed: Jarome Iginla traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins from the Pensblog. I had written the Penguins off from getting Iginla after trading for Brenden Morrow on Sunday. GM Ray Shero then decided to beef up the defense by adding Douglas Murray. I was content that they had addressed some pressing needs even though the team had won thirteen straight already. Don’t forget that a majority of this winning streak (the last eight games) has taken place without Evgeni Malkin in the line up. He only has two scoring titles, one Hart Trophy & one Conn Smythe on his shelf. Kris Letang, their best defenseman, had been on the shelf for the prior three games before breaking a toe on Tuesday which will again keep him out of the line up. Ray Shero decided to out do himself though and make the April 3rd Trade Deadline column Jeremy & I planned moot. Both big pieces of trade bait this year, Morrow & Iginla, are both with the Penguins now. The Penguins have decided they’re going all in this year before the salary cap shrinks next year because of the new CBA. One would think they’d give up elite prospects to grab the big catch of the trade deadline but they only gave up Kenny Augustino, a 5th round pick playing at Yale, Ben Hanowski, a 3rd round pick who plays for St. Cloud State, and their first round draft pick. Ray Shero wasn’t even generous enough to include a bag of pucks in the deal. I’ve got no idea how Jay Feaster has a job as a GM after giving up a franchise icon for next to nothing. That first round pick better be a home run. Meanwhile, anything less than a Stanley Cup is a bust for the Penguins this year. That’s a lot of weight to carry. I’ll hope this “All In” strategy doesn’t back fire. -Kevin

56 Days of WrestleMania – WrestleMania XX’s Best Matches

Cough cough.

%d bloggers like this: